Friday, October 28, 2005

The Big Easy

Young man with a sad sad smile
His hands are his legs and his legs he handed over
Fighting for a pride that's not his own
Another day or time, he'd still be whole

Old mama wrinkled to the bone
No mother should have to bury her own
She prays all day, Lord take me instead
Another day or time, it'd all be well

Go to sleep my baby
Daddy could have tucked you in bed
But he has to go kill his brother instead
'Baby baby, you won't understand'

It's easier to save the world
with someone else's life
with someone else's child
with someone else's love

Close my eyes real tight
Concentrate with all my might
And try real hard to rewind

Now I know why
We have to get it right
From the start

It's easier to sleep at night
if someone else is crying

3 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what,
if I don't get it right,
from the start...
Will I have another chance?
Mandeep

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger YetzerHara said...

Sure you will brother
sure you will... ha ha !

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger sou said...

"It's easier to sleep at night
if someone else is crying"

woo.. powerful.. real nice and insightful..

stumbled across ur blog when i was surfing.. (and yes u do know me)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home