Thursday, May 19, 2005

Morning Light

Honey, don't you cry
We'll find a way, to get by
Without you, by my side
I'd rather die
With six strings, fingers and my thumb
we'll get 'nuf pennies for rum n get high

I say hey! the morning light
Just enough time for one last surprise
I work hard thru the day
make extra money for candles and wine
For now, turn out the lights
lay by your side and
hold you tight

Honey, hang up the phone
Tell your friend to come home
We'll have a good time
Hot water in the tub
Your back I'll rub and mine she'll scrub
Daisychainin', then get out the kaya
Get us some maya
see the sounds and
hear the lights

Hey! the morning light
Just enough time to wake you in style
As time goes by
rockin' in our chair, getting old, getting wise
For now, turn out the light
lay by your side till
the morning light

__________________________________________
First Appreciated by: Nefarious Ninja

3 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Blogger Rat said...

In reply to your msg on my Msg Board. Thank you:) I am truly flattered.
but im a bit confused now. Is "red" the song you used to sing ??? Seems a bit different.

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger )i( said...

Hey there YetzerHara, thanks for posting a comment on my blog, it's nice to hear that some people actually read it ;-) Great poems, keep it on! Are you really a musician? Greetings, )i(

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger YetzerHara said...

Rat: You're its seems different. That cus its all words now minus the emotion. Its the same song I used to sing.

Carissa: The poyums are actually lyrics to songs i write when i get up at 3am to whack some dark chocolate ice cream from the freezer and can't get back to sleep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home